Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reaction To Medieval Works

To be honest, at first I did not think that i would enjoy these King Arthur-ish writings. I was correct about my assumption after the first story that we read. I did not enjoy the first 'Sword and the Stone' piece, I felt as if it was too long and dragged out. But my opinion soon changed after reading the second version of the 'Sword and the Stone' piece. I enjoyed how it was easier to read and the author almost seemed to have a sense of humor. 'Sir Gawain and the Lady Ragnell' is by far my favourite at the moment. I loved the twist that the Lady Ragnell ended up being beautiful, I had a feeling that she would. I was amazed at how loyal Sir Gawain is to Arthur. I have also been enjoying 'Sir Gawain and the Green Night' so far. I am always wanting to read past what we are assigned. So all in all I am enjoying the medieval works and am looking forward to reading more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment